What are Fabrication Drawings?
As compared to Manufacturing Drawings, fabrication drawings are generally used for 1 offâ€™s or per job/project bases.
They are manly used in:
- Sheet Metal
- Structural Steel
- Architectural Steelwork
Manufacturing Drawings are split into 2 types:
1. Part Drawing
These drawings point the part itself that require fabrication for use e.g. by the welder. They also indicate the material and surface finish.
The drawings should comprise the following material. (On the other hand, they should not display further information than is required.) :
- Linear Dimensions including Tolerances
- Material Specification
- Flat patterns including bend lines
- Weld Location & Type
- Angular Dimensions including Tolerance
2. Assembly Drawing
As per the complexity, Assembly drawing are often classified into a Top Level Assembly & Sub-Assemblies. This is to give more precision for the full product. Assembly drawings should comprise:
- All partsÂ to be fabricated
- All Sub-Assemblies used within the assembly
- Fixings such as Nuts, Bolts, Washers etc.
- All bought in parts comprising their specific part numbers, supplier or manufacturer
- Cut Lists stating angles & length
- Bill of materials (BOM) showing a full list of all parts
- The drawings should be shown in a way to obviously show how the FabricationÂ fits together. This should/could contain several views (Top, Plan, Side, Isometric etc.) & Exploded Views
- Additional information that might be essential such as Weight, assembly instructions should also be included if needed.
It is significant that good quality drawings showÂ all the information that is required, but no more than needed.Â An example is to many dimensions or to many views.
What Fabrication Drawings do we offer?
Struccore offers complete set of Fabrication Drawings for wide range of industries. We believe that in order to produce good quality fabrication that will aid an excellent installation onÂ site a certain amount of coordination is required between all parties involved.
We are used to synchronizing with architects, structural engineers and steel manufacturers to create General Assembly Drawings & the subsequent detailed drawings showing connections, holes etc.
Our service prides itself in working closely with all parties involved to ensure any queries get raised and answeredÂ prior to fabrication commences.
What information is needed to create Fabrication Drawings?
It depends on the industry involved.
For Structural Steel Fabrication Drawings (including, Ballustrading, Stairs, Architectural Steelwork etc.) we generally work from the Structural Engineers Line Drawings in combination with the Architectural Drawings. We would normally visit site to check any potential clashes.
How much do Fabrication Drawings cost?
All are Fabrication Drawings are usually quoted on a fixed price basis as we are normally able to quantify the work easily. All we need is the Structural Engineering Drawings or Architectural Drawings in order to provide a fixed price.