Residential Space planning is about the organizing the interior space for providing clients with very efficient & commercially helpful use of a building`s layout. We know how space should be used & develop spatial provision that go ahead the schedule of accommodation to achieve a creative & proficient configuration.
Evaluating the client`s needs
- An effective design satisfactorily accommodates within a structure the lifestyle & specific requirements of the user.
- Determine detailed needs of the client
- Prepare a list that includes design concerns and needs
- Family size & structure
- Family or individuals interests & activities
- Location of site
- Number of levels
- Budget of project
- Zoning ordinances and covenants
- Architecture style
- One story homes are usually compatible with a limited number of architectural styles and have the prospective to be more costly if located on a larger site.
- One & one-half story homes utilize the attic as a living space through structural elements including a steep roof and dormers projecting from the roof to let in air and light.
- Two story homes are inexpensive to build since of smaller roof & foundation area.
- Split-level homes are developed for a sloping lot, & separate sleeping, living, & recreation on different levels.
- Are a primary consideration in designing a functional plan.
- Main traffic areas include the halls, stairs, foyers, entrances to rooms & exterior entrances.
- Travel should be short and if possible not pass through other rooms.
- Trace various routes through the house to examine traffic flow.